Think guys are such complicated creatures? Think again. With me around, dealing with guys can be so much easier. I can give you tips on how to flirt, how to act on a date, how to deal with your love problems, and even how to dump a guy. So worry no more, ladies. The self-proclaimed expert is here.
Disclaimer: Things written in here are simply based on experience and are not intended to generalize for all guys. All content are created by the authors unless stated otherwise.
♥ How To Flirt
♥ Signs That He's Into You
♥ Signs That He's Not Into You
♥ The 411 On His Personality
♥ The Dating Scene
♥ What To Do, What Not To Do
♥ All About Relationships
Let’s Talk About Age
Thanks to the anonymous question sent to me during the previous post, I was given an inspiration for this post. This time, let’s talk about relationships involving people with big age differences. We’ll just talk about one situation - the one where the guy is older. Why that situation? Because I can relate to that. I’ve dated older guys before but I never had any experience dating really younger ones. And for me one or two years of age gap does not count, okay? We’ll talk big numbers here. At least five years difference.
Okay, I’ll stop rambling now about my personal experiences. I’ll get to the point. Here are the pros and cons of being a girl who’s dating an older guy.
Some people say it’s ideal to date an older guy because studies show that girls mature faster than boys. So take a girl and a guy who’s two years older, then what you get is two people on the same maturity level. So that’s good, right? Another pro of dating someone older is that there is a certain level of financial security and stability with that person. Especially if he is someone who’s already working and you’re the type who thinks too much about your own future. It would be nice to date someone with a stable job. Expect to be spoiled by that kind of guy. He would take you out to fancy shmancy dinner dates, out-of-town trips, and shower you with presents. I don’t mean to sound like a gold-digger but who doesn’t want to be spoiled, right? Another plus is that you don’t have to deal with jealousy over some overrated computer game. He has other mature interests that doesn’t involve video games.
There’s definitely going to be a lot of pressure in this kind of set-up. Well, a lot of pressure on your part. You’ll be pressure to act more maturely. You’ll be pressured to look the part as well. Also, it would be hard to relate to him. For example, you would tell him how your day went, and ramble on and on about some girl in your class. In the meantime, he would tell you about how bad his day was at work because of his temperamental boss. It’s hard when you think your problems were bad enough when they would seem petty compared to his. Of course, there is always that possibility that you might have a hard time hanging out with his friends because you have different interests from them. Lastly, and the most inevitable part is the public’s opinion. Let’s admit it, some people look down on couples in a May-December love affair. It’s hard for some people to accept these set-ups in the society and you can’t help being the object of their gossip. It’s mean but that’s the reality of it.
I’m not saying that it’s wrong to date someone who’s older. I’m just merely giving you the pros and cons of being in that situation. I, for one, would still prefer to date someone older. In the end, it’s not about the pros and cons that matter. What really matters is how you handle these. What really matters is that the good parts always overcome the bad parts. What really matters is that you love each other enough to stay together.
Anonymous asked: hi. i'm a college student & i'm dating this guy who's already working. he's 6 years older than me. things are going great until he introduced me to his friends. it's like his friends don't take me seriously. i feel so out of place. & after introducing me to his friends, he never took me out on another night out with them. what's up with that? & what should i do?
Hmm. That’s a tough one because when it comes to friendships and relationships, there are no black and white terms. Obviously, you can’t make your guy choose between you and his friends. That would be unfair to him.
Regarding your situation, the best thing to do here would be to talk to your guy about it. Tell him how you feel. Tell him that you feel out of place. He will appreciate your honesty. Then try to prove his friends wrong. Act more mature but not to the point of trying too hard. When I say act more mature, be ladylike but do not pretend to be someone you’re not. Be yourself but more polished. :)
Men and Make-Up
When asked for their thoughts regarding make-up on girls, most guys say that they prefer minimal or no make-up at all. But guys also say that the first thing they notice when seeing a girl for the first time is their physical appearance. This makes it all so confusing.
Actually, it’s not that confusing. What guys really like is the natural look, also known as the “no make-up” make-up look. You see, wearing make-up is not a total turn off for guys as long as you keep it real. Wear foundation for coverage and for smooth looking skin. A little hint of brush, some clear mascara on the eyelashes, a dash of natural colored lip gloss, and you’re good to go. So you can look like you’re not wearing make-up but still look pretty and polished.
He’s probably into you if he doesn’t reply to your text message in the middle of the night, and instead calls you up to ask if you’re okay and if you need someone to talk to. Sweet.
The Do’s and Don’t’s of Flirting
- Do maintain eye contact. You know the drill, ladies, if you’ve been reading my previous entries. Try to catch his eye, and then look away. You build mystery around yourself that way.
- Don’t ogle at him. You will only look like a total fool and it will definitely freak him out.
- Do angle your body towards him when talking. You will seem more approachable and friendly that way.
- Don’t fold your arms on your chest while talking to him. Don’t place your hands on your waist as well. This signifies aloofness.
- Do laugh appreciatively at his jokes. This will stroke his ego. Guys just love it when girls laugh at the things they say.
- Don’t laugh too loudly like a hyena. Manners, please? Plus, laughing too loudly will make it seem like you’re just pretending to laugh at his jokes.
- Do get to know him on the surface. Ask him about his interests and hobbies. Talk about yours as well. This is a safe topic to talk about when the guy is someone you’ve just met.
- Don’t ask him about his personal life. Guys don’t like it when girls pry about their past. Stay away from things that are too personal. Those talks are reserved for intimate dates.
- Do check if there’s something stuck between your teeth. Like that salad you just had. And make sure that you look good. Put your appearances and hygiene at high priority.
- Don’t go around looking sloppy and unhygienic. That’s a big time turn off for guys and girls alike.
- Do be confident. I’d say this over and over again. Guys are attracted to girls who exude confident. And honestly, there’s nothing to be nervous about when flirting with guys. It’s not rocket science.