Think guys are such complicated creatures? Think again. With me around, dealing with guys can be so much easier. I can give you tips on how to flirt, how to act on a date, how to deal with your love problems, and even how to dump a guy. So worry no more, ladies. The self-proclaimed expert is here.
Disclaimer: Things written in here are simply based on experience and are not intended to generalize for all guys. All content are created by the authors unless stated otherwise.
♥ How To Flirt
♥ Signs That He's Into You
♥ Signs That He's Not Into You
♥ The 411 On His Personality
♥ The Dating Scene
♥ What To Do, What Not To Do
♥ All About Relationships
Posts tagged with dos and donts.
The Do’s and Don’t’s of Flirting
- Do maintain eye contact. You know the drill, ladies, if you’ve been reading my previous entries. Try to catch his eye, and then look away. You build mystery around yourself that way.
- Don’t ogle at him. You will only look like a total fool and it will definitely freak him out.
- Do angle your body towards him when talking. You will seem more approachable and friendly that way.
- Don’t fold your arms on your chest while talking to him. Don’t place your hands on your waist as well. This signifies aloofness.
- Do laugh appreciatively at his jokes. This will stroke his ego. Guys just love it when girls laugh at the things they say.
- Don’t laugh too loudly like a hyena. Manners, please? Plus, laughing too loudly will make it seem like you’re just pretending to laugh at his jokes.
- Do get to know him on the surface. Ask him about his interests and hobbies. Talk about yours as well. This is a safe topic to talk about when the guy is someone you’ve just met.
- Don’t ask him about his personal life. Guys don’t like it when girls pry about their past. Stay away from things that are too personal. Those talks are reserved for intimate dates.
- Do check if there’s something stuck between your teeth. Like that salad you just had. And make sure that you look good. Put your appearances and hygiene at high priority.
- Don’t go around looking sloppy and unhygienic. That’s a big time turn off for guys and girls alike.
- Do be confident. I’d say this over and over again. Guys are attracted to girls who exude confident. And honestly, there’s nothing to be nervous about when flirting with guys. It’s not rocket science.
The Do’s and Don’t’s of being “One-of-the-Boys”
I’m not here just to teach you how to flirt or how to deal with romantic relationships. I can say that I’m also kind of an expert when it comes to platonic relationships with guys. I must admit, I’m the type of girl who, despite my girly-girl personality, is also considered as “one-of-the-boys”. Come to think of it, guys make great friends because they’re really less complicated than girls. Really. For one, guys don’t hold grudges. And guys can keep secret better than girls can. Anywho, here are the do’s and don’t’s of being “one-of-the-boys”.
- Do be game for anything. And when I say anything, I mean anything that falls under the “harmless but boy-ish kind of fun” category. It can be anything such as going to the arcade, watching action flicks, trying a new extreme sport, or playing laser tag. Now if it’s too extreme for you, like wall climbing and you have a fear of heights, it’s okay to say “no” as long as you don’t spoil their fun. Join in by simply cheering them on.
- Don’t be squeamish. Guys love all that gore, blood, and guts. If you’re the type with a weak stomach, keep it to yourself. Don’t be a buzz-killer. It’s okay to not look when watching a gory film. You’ll be able to laugh it off later.
- Do be competitive. While it may be true that guys hate losing to girls, it’s also true that winning against them at their own game will score you big points as their friend. They might trash-talk you but deep inside, they think that you’re absolutely the coolest girl ever.
- Don’t bring your girly issues with you. Leave them at home. Guys love to keep both relationships and friendships simple and clutter-free. Don’t be that girl who bad-mouths everyone. It will turn them off, even as their friend. You see, when guys trash talk, they do it face-to-face. They really don’t say something bad about anyone behind his back.
- Do have a hearty appetite. Guys love to eat, and they seriously feel uncomfortable around a girl with weight issues. Eat, but in moderation. I promise you, it will not gross them out.
- Don’t forget that you’re still a girl. It’s okay to pig-out but continue to practice table manners, like keeping your mouth closed while chewing. It’s okay to play a game of ultimate frisbee or basketball with the guys but don’t mimic their sweaty and smelly look. You know what I mean. Because even if you’re “one-of-the-boys”, you’d still want to be treated like a girl, right?
It’s really easy being friends with the opposite sex. It’s the romantic relationships that are complicated. So there you go. Just follow these tips to maintain a healthy friendship with guys. :)
The Do’s and Don’t’s of Semi-Stalking
Yes, there is such a thing as “semi-stalking”. I invented it. I call it as such because it doesn’t mean you have to actually stalk him. Still don’t get what I mean? Here are a few pointers.
- Do keep everything in moderation. Everything can be good as long as done in moderation. Yes, even stalking.
- Don’t follow him around. That’s just creepy. You don’t have to follow him around to stalk him. This is why we have social networking sites.
- Do get to know basic things about him. If you’re good friends with him, just simply strike up a conversation. If you’re not good friends with him, then look for common friends and ask them. Just make sure that these friends are trustworthy enough to not tell on you.
- Don’t try to invade his privacy. Don’t ask him about really personal stuff. Don’t try to dig up on his deep, dark secrets. He will open up if he wants to.
- Do chat him up once in a while when you’re both online. Don’t just cyber-stalk him on Facebok. A simple “Hi” on FB Chat will make him notice you.
- Don’t just watch secretly from the sidelines while going incognito. Like, if he’s an athlete or in a band, watch him while cheering him on. He will appreciate it. Don’t hide.
- Do try to be his friend. There’s nothing wrong with that. In fact, that’s loads better than stalking him.
When you think you’ve done enough cyber-stalking, then it’s time to actually get to know him in person. Especially after finding out about his interests. Flirt with him, whatever. Just have fun with it and don’t let him become your obsession. If he’s not Ashton Kutcher or Johnny Depp, then he’s not worth obsessing over. LOL :)
The Do’s and Don’t’s of a First Date
Okay, so you’re going on a date with this guy for the first time and you’re so excited about it. But at the same time, you’re feeling nervous because so many things could go wrong. Don’t fret, dearies. I’m here to help you out. I’m here to tell you what-to-do and what-not-to-do on a first date.
- Do wear something nice and suitable for the date. If it’s a dinner date at a classy restaurant, dress to impress. If it’s a casual movie date, wear something feminine but not formal, like a skirt and a cute tee.
- Don’t ever compromise comfort for style. Don’t wear heels if you’re not used to wearing them. Don’t wear a micro-mini skirt if you’re going to spend the whole day pulling them down. Don’t wear tops with plunging necklines or your date might end up having a conversation with your cleavage instead of you.
- Do wear make-up that’s appropriate for the situation. If you’re going out during the day, go for the light, natural look. If you’re going out at night, be more daring with your make-up.
- Don’t go overboard with make-up. Remember: highlight only one feature of the face. If you want to wear red lipstick, do it but keep everything else minimal. If you’re going for smoky-eyes, wear almost-nude lipstick and natural blush.
- Do apply proper table manners. Remember to act gracefully and with poise. Excuse yourself if you have to go to the restroom or take an important call. Be the well-mannered and classy young lady that you are. You’ll score more ganda points that way.
- Don’t chew your food loudly. Don’t be rude to the restaurant’s service crew. Always say “please” and “thank you”. Don’t fix your hair while on the dining table. You don’t want hair in your food, right?
- Do get to know your date. Ask him about his career, his family, and his interests. Share stories of your own too. Tell him about your career, your family, and your interests.
- Don’t talk too much about yourself. Else, your date will get bored and he might think that you’re too conceited. Avoid TMI moments.
- Do thank him for the date. If you both had fun and you are raring to go on a second date with him, a simple follow-up text saying you had a nice time will get the job done. He will most likely ask you out again.
Now, I will not tell you whether you should kiss on the first date or not. It’s up to you. Kissing on the first date will not make you a slut, not in this modern times. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable. If you’re not comfortable to kiss him, a peck on the cheek will do to show him that you appreciated him for the date.
So there, ladies. XOXO